Apply to 2012 Summer Fashion Campus: NYC
What is “Fashion Campus NYC”?
Fashion Campus NYC, which will be held Friday, June 15th, and Saturday, June 16th, 2012, is an exciting, free program designed to expose college students from around the world to the variety of business-related career paths within NYC’s fashion industry. An initiative of the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) and Parsons The New School for Design, Fashion Campus NYC brings together 200 business-minded summer interns for an intensive event held at Parsons and headlined with a keynote address by Rachel Roy.
Students will also participate in:
- A peer panel discussion featuring young professionals working in the business side of the industry.
- A networking breakfast with fashion executives and human resource managers (companies represented last year included Aeropostale, Gilt, Calvin Klein, Saks Fifth Avenue, Coach, Polo Ralph Lauren, Elie Tahari, John Varvatos and Macy’s)
- Small-group advising sessions organized by career path.
Who is eligible?
The program focuses exclusively on the business of fashion; it is not geared toward design or journalism students. Students with an interest in merchandising, product development, PR/marketing, sales, buying and/or planning are encouraged to apply.
In order to be eligible, students must:
- Have a for-credit or paid internship in NYC this summer (preference will be given to students with business and/or fashion internships)
- Be enrolled and in good standing at a college/university
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA
- Be able to attend all of the program’s events
I’m sold. How do I apply?
All program details, including the application form, can be found at FashionCampusNYC.com. Applications will be accepted starting April 16th. Please note, space is limited, and applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received.
Related Posts by Gretchen Harnick.