PAFM 3902- London Fashion
This summer Parsons School of Fashion will offer a five-week summer study abroad course in London. The course is an introduction to the creative, seasonal and structural nature of the British fashion design industry from both the media point of view and from the designer market level. In addition, selected students will participate in an internship in Central London. The course allows students to examine the London fashion retail market via shop visits and shop reports. The London fashion media is studied during the international collections and students review these based on press reportage and personal experience.
• This summer elective course is open to A.A.S. Fashion Design, A.A.S. Fashion Marketing and B.F.A. Fashion Studies students in their Junior year
• 3.0 GPA Required
• Selected students are required to obtain a work–study visa prior to entry into the UK
• Mandatory housing with the University of Westminster
• Parsons students arrive in London on July 2, 2011
• Internships commencing the week of July 4 & July 11, 2011
• Introduction to London Fashion weeks of July 18, July 25 & August 1
• Parsons students depart August 6, 2011
Students interested in applying to this program must send a cover letter and resume attention James Mendolia via email to LondonFashion@newschool.edu
Related Posts by admin.