Learn more
Parsons the New School for Design

Parsons 2013 Fashion Benefit

Previous years: 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012

AirDye & Parsons, Scene 5

Written by Gretchen Harnick | Jan 05, 2011.

This is the final post in our series, written by Fashion Marketing students enrolled in the special topics course.

Introducing Laura Lopez

December 15th, 3:30 pm finally came, the time for Fashion Marketing students working all semester on the AirDye project to take a stand in the spotlight. The palpable sense of nervousness combined with confidence in our projects as we presented each of our three projects to our Professor Tom Handley, representatives from the fashion School, Alice Demirjian, Fiona Dieffenbacher and Gretchen Harnick and most importantly the AirDye team of Paul Raybin, Bonnie Julian and Robin Bertelsen (via skype).

Each one of us started our presentations with a video, and you can view mine at the link here. The creation of a video for me was the most fun yet challenging part of the project.  “Every Color Can Be Green” came from my team’ affinity with appreciating and using color while taking 3 different perspectives (marketing, photography and design) to create one clear communication message.

As this is my last semester at Parson’s, this project was a conclusion to my time spent as a student, combined with a real life experience. I got to meet fellow students from other programs such as Fashion Design and Photography, that in other circumstances I would not have met. I’m looking forward to see Jovana’s final designs and how AirDye will change this industry using our ideas to reach more customers.

_______________________________________

Introducing Jasmin Tregonning

The final marketing projects presented a semesters’ worth of arduous work surmised within a few hours. The themes of the works were diverse and inspired by all the different facets of the AirDye product. I focused on moving the AirDye company’s present marketing away from the corporate oriented image which it presents presently and imbuing it with a more fashionable element. My concept revolved around creating a combination of guerrilla marketing as well as social media campaigns in order to create a “buzz”. We wanted to invent marketing which is youthful, creative and which connects the AirDye product to the high end / luxury market. Our first blog focused video can be seen here.

The utilisation of guerrilla marketing was tactical because it is marketing which has the element of surprise yet is completely unique and creates an excitement and hype which can filter down to the bloggers and the social media programs. This creates a conversation with the target demographic as opposed to overtly selling the product. Nowadays, customers are constantly inundated with marketing and so it tends to be more effective if instead of the product being actively sold, to try and get the customer to seek out the product.  Some campaigns included the water cube installations as well as water bottle promotions, coupled with catwalk sponsorships. Our team interview video can be seen here.

_______________________________________

Introducing Evie Cutshaw

The approach that I took was that sustainability could be sexy; you can wear beautiful luxurious garments and feel chic while saving the earths resources. This project was a great lesson in real life experience. Working with a variety of team members and coordinating our efforts to complete a project is real world experience.  I look forward to seeing what happens next with my designer Nelson’s collection in the Spring.

_______________________________________

This is the final post by Fashion Marketing students, involved in the unique AirDye competition from Fall 2010.  The students created a group Facebook page, in order to keep track of the progress they were making. Be sure to keep an eye on it during the Spring semester, as Fashion Design students will complete their designs and the Photography students will continue documenting their work.  Congratulations to all the students on a successful project!

Share 'AirDye & Parsons, Scene 5' on Digg Share 'AirDye & Parsons, Scene 5' on Facebook Share 'AirDye & Parsons, Scene 5' on Tumblr Share 'AirDye & Parsons, Scene 5' on Twitter

Related Posts by .

8 Responses Subscribe to comments

1. natalie ospina

hi my name is natalie ospina and i’m really interested in becoming a member of the school i always dreadmed of studying desing and i think i have the quality to do

Feb 16, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

2. Gretchen

Dear Natalie,
    Thank you for your comment. I suggest you reach out to our Admissions department, if you are interested in applying to Parsons, and the School of Fashion. http://www.newschool.edu/parsons/admission/
    Best of luck to you!
    Gretchen

Feb 22, 2011 @ 11:48 am

3. Camila Rossi

Dear Madame or Sir,
    let me introduce myself, I’m a brazilian journalist, and I collaborate with one of one of the most important women’s magazine in Brazil, Revista Criativa.

I have a column about conscientious consume, because of that I would like to write a note about AirDye’s collaboration with Parsons The New School for Design. I’m getting in contact because I would like to receive some images in HD of the fashion show, please. If possible, this one: http://www.ecouterre.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/airdye-jovana-mirabile-4.jpg

The websiste of our magazine: http://revistacriativa.globo.com/

With kind regards,
    Camila Rossi
    camilarossi@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

4. Daniel Garland

Dear school of parsons Directors
    My name is Daniel and i am very passionate about fashion and a would like to study fashion at a design school, my vision for the catwalk is Innovation and to be original. To me the catwalk is an oppertunity to communicate so much weather it be personal experience or heart touching stories,i have a dream to communicate powerful messages (truth, and fiction, biblical, political, reality or fantasy) through innovative fashion that is displayed on the catwalk, i have the dream but i need help getting there, a ask that you would please graciously send me an email on what the next steps are for me, i do not have nuch knowledge of the fashion industry or the way it all works, but i do not let my lack of knowledge dampen my vision to live and leave a legacy on the catwalk. thank you

Oct 03, 2011 @ 1:56 pm

5. Kay

I’ve watched the videos above and they were really awesome!

Oct 16, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

6. Gretchen

Hi Daniel,
    You will want to look over our program pages and speak with Admissions, if you are interested to apply to attend Parsons. The sites are linked here and good luck on pursuing your dreams!
    http://www.newschool.edu/parsons/fashion-school/
    http://www.newschool.edu/parsons/admission/

Oct 16, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

7. grace

grace here, would like to be a member of the school please tell me what to do

Jan 26, 2012 @ 3:47 pm

8. Gretchen

Hello Grace,
    Thank you for reading 560 and it is nice to hear you are interested in attending Parsons. Refer to the Admissions page on the website here, as you can find out a lot of information on the curriculum and application deadlines. Feel free to call them as well, and best of luck in your education.
    Gretchen Harnick

Feb 01, 2012 @ 6:05 pm

Reply

two + = 10